Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sautéed Shishito Peppers in 3 Easy Steps

When you have a cold and everyone else in your house has a cold and you can’t really taste anything, then your best bet is to whip up some delicious shishito peppers for bedtime snack. Because, why not? It may be the only thing you can savor, and savor you will!

So, here’s how to make Sautéed Shishito Peppers in 3 easy steps:

1) Get some. Seriously, you won’t regret this step. I got mine from my Ollin Farms CSA, seemingly the source of all organic goodness in our household this summer. I first had shishitos with great friends over sushi in Vail. They look like they’re going to be spicy, but they’re NOT. Except about 1 in 10. Then they are, but just a bit. Totally worth the gamble.

2) Sauté them. Heat a bit of olive oil over medium heat, then sauté for about 10 minutes until they’re a bit blistered and a bit charred. Sprinkle with salt (I used kosher) and douse with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Done!

3) Fight. You’ll likely have to battle your significant other for them while they’re still warm. You won’t regret this step either. They’re delicious!

Last night, I served my sautéed shishito peppers with a side of NyQuil. Tonight, I’ll be preparing them as a side for my absolutely favorite we’re-too-busy weeknight dinner, Bacon and Broccoli Rice Bowls.

If you manage to get your hands on some (see step 1), let me know what you think!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment