Thursday, April 9, 2009

Roasted Salmon with Lemon Relish

In a wonderful twist of irony, I’ve been too busy cooking to blog about my cooking! Love it! So, sorry to my few faithful readers who wonder what’s been going on in our kitchen. Now on to the salmon... this is the most delicious, speedy dinner I believe I’ve ever made. Martha estimates 25 minutes to put this dish together, but I would say it only takes about 15. I serve it with couscous, which takes eight minutes tops, making it the perfect healthy and quick dinner. I started this as groceries were being put away after a late-afternoon grocery run and had it on the table within 20 minutes.

While salmon filets are roasting (10 minutes), you zest a lemon and combine it with raisins to soak in boiling water for a few minutes. Drain the zest and raisins and add olive oil, chopped fresh parsley and toasted pine nuts. To serve, simply lay each roasted salmon filet on a bed of organic baby spinach (washed, bagged and ready to use) and top with the relish with couscous on the side. It’s so incredibly flavorful, bright and tart, a perfect accompaniment to the salmon, and the couscous soaks up the extra lemon-y sauce. Delicious, fast and healthy... what more could you ask for? I can’t recommend this enough.

Oh, and this recipe is great for entertaining, because it looks beautiful, comes together in a snap and leaves caloric room for an indulgent dessert. We had angel food cake with organic strawberries and whipped cream! Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment