Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pesky Baby!

So, I was all ready to blog about how incensed I was that Joseph was not devouring my beautiful, delicious, nourishing homemade organic baby food. So far, I’ve only made him peas and sweet potatoes because we were traveling, and, when we got home, he had no interest in these first two foods. I really wanted him to develop a test for veggies before introducing sweet fruits, so we were in a bit of a holding pattern. I even had a title for my blog, which I hardly ever write in advance: “Frankly, I’m Offended.” I had writing time set aside for Thursday night and was looking forward to venting my proverbial spleen because, well, I can’t exactly complain to him about it, can I? Well, wouldn’t you just know it? I offered him sweet potatoes Thursday night with dinner and, lo and behold, he gobbled them up. I thought he might just be showing off for his Eryc, whom he adores, but no, the next morning he ate all of his peas. While I’m of course thrilled that he’s eating the gorgeous baby food I’m making, I’m a little peeved that he ruined a perfectly good blog post. So, there you go... Joseph’s finally taken to homemade baby food. Next on the agenda—butternut squash!

1 comment:

  1. Ella loved homemade butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots. Now that she's into finger food ONLY, though... TOTAL REJECTION. I hope it is just temporary. Congrats to your big boy! I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete