Thursday, July 30, 2009

Shopping

I bought myself a rolling pin today! Sophia and I stopped at Brown’s Shoe Fit in downtown Longmont to buy her some new tennis shoes and decided to bop across the street to check out the new local cooking shop, Cayenne Kitchen. I’m not a big impulse shopper (frankly, I’m not a shopper at all), but we’d found a fabulous new pair of sneakers for Sophia on sale for $15 (with laces... soooo exciting!), so I was feeling lucky. I thought I might run across a paella pan, which I’m sure I don’t need to make paella, but they’re so coppery and gorgeous.

Alas, no paella pan, but Sophia did spot the rolling pins. As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I’ve been using Sophia’s four-inch toy cooking set rolling pin. Sad. So, with her encouragement, I bought myself a brand-spanking-new, 12-inch, genuine Vermont maple rolling pin.

Surely this is a sign of the tides a’turning?

No comments:

Post a Comment