Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rotini with Spinach Sauce

This is a quick, simple recipe by Food Network’s Giada De Laurentiis. I’ve made this once before but forget to make notes on it, so made it again tonight to use leftover baby spinach. 

I appreciate how quickly this dish comes together, and the sauce is a beautiful bright green... very appetizing looking. I doubled the sauce ingredients and skipped the addition of pasta water. My only complaint is that the raw garlic (which I halved) is too strong--it gives the dish a “hot” feeling on the tongue (and gives the diner horrible breath!). If I make this again, I'll use roasted garlic or skip it all together and add pine nuts or some other flavorful ingredient.

Otherwise, this is simple and lovely.

Oh, and the dish called for penne, but I can’t stand the texture of hollow pasta, so I used organic whole wheat rotini instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment