Monday, March 30, 2009

Baking Powder Drop Biscuits

I whipped these together this morning for breakfast for Benji and me, and took the leftovers to Eryc and Sophia for afternoon snack. This is a classic recipe from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook, which my mother bought me years ago. However, I have used this page so many times that it has fallen out and is gone forever, so I’m forced to find it online at epicurious.

I don’t have the patience to roll out biscuit dough, so I make the drop biscuit variation, which are wonderfully easy and tasty. They have a light, fluffy texture and a hint of sweetness. We topped them with the last few drops of a delicious floral honey that Alison brought me from Provence seven or eight years ago. Unfortunately, I don’t know exactly what kind of honey it was because Ben scorched the label in the microwave, so now all we can read is “miel” and “fleurs.”

The only change I made to the recipe was to substitute butter (yum) for shortening (yuck). What a great way to start spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment