Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Creamy Fettuccine with Asparagus

Ah... spring! Time to get our fill of asparagus, artichokes and fresh berries. This dish, while perfect on paper, resulted in pasta that was fine, but uninspiring. As mentioned in a previous post, Great Food Fast is my go-to cookbook for weeknight inspiration, and for a weeknight dinner this was certain tasty enough. However, the dish lacks interest.

The one change I’ve made is to omit the fresh dill, which I don’t like in anything but pickles and vinegar-based potato salads. I also doubled the pine nuts, because I had extra and because Sophia loves, loves, loves them.

Next time I have two pounds of fresh asparagus, I’m making risotto or serving it steamed with soft scrambled eggs (divine!). And there are certainly better uses of a perfectly yummy log of Haystack Mountain goat cheese. Crusty bread alone would put it to better use.

No comments:

Post a Comment