Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pork Chops, Fingerlings & Artichokes

After a luxurious Saturday evening out at Terroir in Longmont with new friends, I felt we needed a delicious but simple dinner tonight while we prepare for a new week. Even though I work from home, I’m still prone to the Sunday night blues, and a healthy, home-cooked dinner is a good way to turn my mood around. 

I sautéed center-cut boneless Coleman pork chops in butter and olive oil (from Joy of Cooking), then simmered them quickly in a pan sauce I had in the freezer. For side dishes, I roasted organic Colorado fingerling potatoes in olive oil and kosher salt and steamed artichokes.

I don’t remember the source of the pan sauce... it was leftover from a dinner in early January. I need to find it soon because it was delicious!

[Pan sauce mystery solved! Mom made it with a pork tenderloin when she was here taking care of us right after Joseph was born. The recipe for pork tenderloin with apple dijon pan sauce is from About.com. Thanks, Mom!]

A simple but beautiful meal and a perfect end to a wonderful three-day weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment