Monday, August 24, 2009

Tortellini with Prosciutto and Spinach

How have I missed this recipe in the past six months? I just feel certain I’ve made this before, since it’s once of my easy and healthy quickie dinner recipes from Cooking Light. The first time we had this, I actually think Ben made it, and we now think of it as “his pasta,” even though I’m sure I’ve made it more now than he has. So fast, so flavorful, so little cooking. Gorgeous in a big white bowl.

I make it with frozen tortellini, and use about a pound, rather than use the packaged refrigerator ones—it’s much more cost effective. I also at least double the spinach, and use the really good imported Prosciutto di Parma. Since I’m not using more than three or four ounces for two meals, it’s worth it to splurge on the yummy stuff.

I love that this meal requires very little prep and very little cooking, but nets a meal that is chock-full of a very healthy veggie, is filling for everyone and bursting with flavor. Apparently Sophia ate a HUGE bowl of it last night (I was off getting a massage... yeah me!)

Seriously, how could you possibly go wrong with the three Ps: pine nuts, prosciutto and Parmigiano-Reggiano?

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment